[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Wenge Musica Head Office - the University of Wenge  XML
Forum Index » African Music
Chat Noir

[Avatar]

Werra wrote: Wenge Musica was founded by Masela & Ngiama & they are the ones that recruited Mpiana, Bula, Dominguez & Makaba into the partnership.

Aime Buanga was the actual founder of Wenge Musica.
Werra

[Avatar]

So its not Masela & Werra?.......Help me on this one. Tell mewhat you know.

Oyo lingi biso?..............Aya
Parisien

Aime Buanga was the actual founder of Wenge Musica.

But what does it really mean bieng a founder? Does it mean being everything behind any sort of pursuit or achievement?

So its not Masela & Werra?.......Help me on this one. Tell mewhat you know.

So how will it help even if it's true?

Makaba was not the founder but the truth is we can always hear and feel his shadow whenever and wherever the name wenge appears!

So what's important, the influence (makabisi) or the creation of an idea(Founder)?????

And to conclude, Jb could not be considered as beneficiary but a great contributor just like Werra and others but Makaba is the guy who stole the show from them all.
Chat Noir

[Avatar]

Werra wrote:So its not Masela & Werra?.......Help me on this one. Tell mewhat you know.

I have it somewhere in an interview and the main protagonists of Wenge acknowledged that it was Aime Buanga who was the actual founder of the group.
Tamando

[Avatar]

Werrason and JB have said in interviews that Didier Masela is the founder.
Masela had the original idea to form a neighbourhood band in 1980. He then teamed up with Zing Zong (the original Wenge guitarist) and Aime Buanga. Then Werrason and later JB Mpiana. All this happened in 1980 and at this stage they were all just students and performed at small occasions during holidays. The band still had no name at this point. In 1981, they decided to make it official. A business man in their neighbourhood then named the band Wenge (the name of the neighbourhood football club). After the naming, they all sat down and officially named Masela Founder, JB President and Werra Treasurer. Then they brought in Bula and Makaba who were later appointed chef d'ochestre and artistic director respectively.
Tamando

[Avatar]

By the way Werra,
It is clear that this threat is a rebound. You created it because you got stung after showing your face in the primus thread! hahaha

On the Alain Mpela issue, he could be called old school Wenge since he was with wenge even before mulolo. On the other hand, going to a different high school and a different university does not stop one from being called a graduate of that university. Mpela learned the basics in Wenge original but majored in the BCBG Style while in JB's university. The Mpela we know today got his name and style recognition from Wenge BCBG.
Another case, Kaludji. Recruited as a singer, JB tranformed him into the phenomenal atalaku he became, then retransformed him into singer, with songs like Tchico londonien an Guantanamo. That's teaching.

For now, we know Werra is not Teacher at WMMM. Why? because WMMM is not a school. It is a recruitment agency with Werra as chief recruitment officer. In the process,he has been shown to learn a few things from his recruits. They are his teachers. They have taught him to play the guitar. They have taught him to sing (without success). And they will keep teaching him. Those names you call are not graduates at all. They are disgruntled teachers who who left their student boss after they realised almost too late they could have made it on their own long ago.

I don't have enough time now but I'll be back shortly with some facts that will make you a quiet man.
Heri

[Avatar]

JB's school of music comes in three letters: P.P.U.. There has never been any other recorded incident where a so-called top band leader would take talented son's of Africa to Europe and dump them like yesterday's garbage. If Werra was paying peanuts in Europe, it is a far cry from the way JB negligently abandoned the PPU. And how can Werra be the cheapskate when it is Didi Kinuani who runs the books? If Didi was that stingy, how come JB's ex-wife Amida Chatur ran off to him when she was abandoned by JB ?

All this is BCBG fanatics' hogwash to cover-up that it was JB Mpiana's producer Simon SIPE, who disrupted WMMM to form the Marquis. Simon was also abandoned by JB after he failed to fulfill his contracts due to visa rejections. Then apparently JB abandoned the Anti-Terro project that was supposed to be a SIPE production with the PPU for Badive. Simon got frustrated with JB's lack of visa and preyed in Europe for Werra to bring his WMMM. If musicians choose to pimp themselves to the highest bidder, how is it Werra's fault?

The original Wenge was Masela, Aime Bwanga, Werrason and Alain. It is JB who came in later and abandoned Wenge by pulling out Werrason to form BCBG. It is JB again who abandoned Wenge BCBG by going solo. It is JB's financier (Simon) who financed Bill's departure from WMMM. He also financed JB's solo venture (Feux de L'amour), which in part caused the breaking up Wenge BCBG. Even if Werrason suffers personnel changes that BCBG fanatics call defections, he is not credited for a total demise of any band like JB.

JB even abandoned Primus and failed to show up at FIKIN 2006. He even abandoned his own fans for 3+ years without a CD. He even took Madilu's money ages ago and never delivered. Labeling Werrason as the disruptive jealous culprit won't fly. Money problems are a common occurrence in Congolese bands that only causes the shifting of talent back and forth, but never kills any band. Only incompetence does so; and the poster child for such negligence is JB and the PPU. A partial list of PPU lives that JB Mpiana destroyed:

1. Didi Kalombo
2. Yondi
3. Chikito
4. Kilimandjaro
5. Makosso
6. Dolain
7. Yoti Yama
8. Djo Lokis

http://www.digitalcongo.net/article/11154#

P.P.U. of JB Mpiana wander around in Antwerp
Kinshasa, 10/02/2003/Music
Young people that J B Mpiana took along to Europe there is that a few months; people of which he says to constitute his resolve and who should help in the development of the "Anti-Terro" album, were however abandoned with their sad fate in Europe and they would currently live as beggars.

http://www.digitalcongo.net/article/12928#

Good-byes of the P.P.U. and Sulutani, J.B. Mpiana
Kinshasa, 27/05/2003/Music
The musicians almost constituting the lining of Wenge BCBG which are based in Paris and are known by the name of P.P.U., would have decided to give up J.B. Mpiana the "Sulutani". This decision would be dictated by the negligence that J.B. Mpiana would express in the regard of these young people.
KAISARI

[Avatar]

Daktari is heading all the scores on this one...

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
Advocate

[Avatar]

Very interesting arguments. Goes to show that this game has its own politics where only the fittest survive.

STRICTLY WERRASONIQUE
Prof_Nuna

[Avatar]

This thread is about nothing. No band and no band leader has the resources as far as we know Congo DRC to simply create a factory of musicians for the sole purposes of enlarging his style and output. We know about original Wenge Musica and Zaiko Langa Langa that we call real schools that propeled this current music to new levels. What should be known is that Werrason cannot really work with peers, and his touted management skills are lacking. Otherwise how can one justify the mass exodus of his best musicians in Bill Clinton and Ferre? He is rebuilding a team that sing more like the choir of QL. I will accept that he mentored Bill Clinton and Ferre but they are not singing in the same style! So that cannot be a school.
KAISARI

[Avatar]

Prof_Nuna wrote: I will accept that he mentored Bill Clinton and Ferre
good and we don't expect all students to dress like their prof either...

ms bazu

[Avatar]

this is like an argument between jay-z and nas fans...

can't we all just get along?

http://tambourdafrique.blogspot.com
where ya miziki ya congo lives...
KAISARI

[Avatar]

ms bazu wrote:this is like an argument between jay-z and nas fans...

and all we need is one mike...

SLY

Chat Noir wrote:Aime Buanga was the actual founder of Wenge Musica.
Aime Buanga and Didier Masela are the true founding fathers of Wenge Musica but it is true that Werrason joined before JB Mpiana.I understand JB was recruited into Wenge Musica by Alain Makaba.
SLY

When i read a post above,it brings out so many contradictions from Werrason fans.First of all,it's clear that all along werra fans have been saying the original PPU decided to part company(dumped JB) whilst in Europe which is the truth but now you're claiming JB took them to Europe and abandoned them their??things just don't add up,i don't think anyone would buy tickets for loads of people and just leave them in a foreign country.BTW,this PPU issue also affected JB with regard to schengen VISAS,the chaps never wanted to return to Congo after the BERCY concert,they later on released an album after settling down.

On the funding of JB,i understand his major financiers were Didi Kinuani and Jose Kongolo.JB fell out with Didi when he married his(JB's)ex wife Amida Shatur.JB said he had no problem with that and still continued being good friends with Amida's brother or relation in the name of Gerard Mulumba(GECOCO) but it's quite evident that JB was incensed as he has never uttered the name Didi Kinuani for a long time,in concerts,you will never hear him mention the name in the old songs in which he mentioned Kinuani,he mentions Boris Bondo one of his Band Managers.The other financier,Jose Kongolo who i believe is Mobutu's son was reportedly killed by Kabila forces so JB is now on his own.

I will contact Alain Bany,JB's webmaster to interview JB about Madilu's 'stolen cash ' as reported here.

Forum Index » African Music
Go to: