[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
FERRE GOLA BATARINGE-THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN VOICE  XML
Forum Index » African Music
SLY

He's the one to beat.In the first clip he features with Doudou Copa,another natural born singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oayMwes8g_A&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwTIkasNbOk&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzvMIEYbPVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHwmG1rNCro
Yvonne

[Avatar]

I was lucky to see Ferre Gola performing in several concerts, Ferre with Wenge Musica Maison Mère, Ferre with Les Marquis de Maison Mère, Ferre with Quartier Latin, in all these occasions I have always enjoyed his voice, its one of the best voices of Congo... thank you Sly for posting the clips here...
SLY

Ipupanaise wrote:I was lucky to see Ferre Gola performing in several concerts, Ferre with Wenge Musica Maison Mère, Ferre with Les Marquis de Maison Mère, Ferre with Quartier Latin, in all these occasions I have always enjoyed his voice, its one of the best voices of Congo... thank you Sly for posting the clips here...
No problem,enjoy Ferre for now!
Advocate

[Avatar]

FERRE has enjoyed both worlds for a long time. It was high time he went solo. Thanks Slyfor the posts

STRICTLY WERRASONIQUE
SLY

Advocate wrote:Later for that one!
EMO75

[Avatar]

I hav now come to break the news - I am now a JB Mpiana and Ferre Lover. So its now hell.

¨In case u are a condemed person, kindly come over for a spray of Parco Rabanne so that all them that have condemed u give u a benefit of doubt¨

source: EMO Parco Rabanne
[Email] [WWW]
KAISARI

[Avatar]

Ipupanaise wrote:I was lucky to see Ferre Gola performing in several concerts, Ferre with Wenge Musica Maison Mère, Ferre with Les Marquis de Maison Mère, Ferre with Quartier Latin, in all these occasions I have always enjoyed his voice, its one of the best voices of Congo... thank you Sly for posting the clips here...

seins interdit is an okay album, however it would have come out better without pressure from droit and or if someone pushed him to the vita imana status. May be its just me but since leaving WMM he hasn't been the same...fally's current producer might just be the right man for Ferre. BTW iam litenning to the album as i type.

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
Yvonne

[Avatar]

KAISARI wrote:seins interdit is an okay album, however it would have come out better without pressure from droit and or if someone pushed him to the vita imana status. May be its just me but since leaving WMM he hasn't been the same...fally's current producer might just be the right man for Ferre. BTW iam litenning to the album as i type.

No, it's not just you saying this, I share the same point of view, I also think Vita Imana is Ferre's best composition, because of Vita Imana Ferre Gola used to be my favorite singer, after Vita Imana it became difficult for Ferre to produce another song of the same quality... and no, Ferre had the same producer like Fally, Ferre should have taken the same arranger, Maika Munan... coz the songs on Sens Interdit almost sound the same...
Prof_Nuna

[Avatar]

I have listened to Sens Interdit twice (four times actually because I listen to songs up to #6 and somehow give up and then start from 7 to end). That song Vinaigre - I thought should have had a sebene and it would be a bomb. Ferre cd is good but how about dancing?
Ronald

[Avatar]

Prof Nuna

I think Ferre is like Fally more into ballads, the strange thing is that they are both good dancers.
SLY

KAISARI wrote:...fally's current producer might just be the right man for Ferre. BTW iam litenning to the album as i type.
Are you trying to say Droit chemin was produced better than Sens Interdit Anyway for your own information,the same people that worked with Fally in Droit worked with Ferre including the Executive Producer David Monsoh and Maika Munan who really struggled to make Fally sing well when they were making Droit Chemin which in my opinion is good but i prefer Sens Interdit as it sounds more Congolese and the guitars from Olivier Tshimanga remind me of Franco and Lutumba.Fally might have an upper hand because of his fan base which is mainly young female and often because of his looks.
KAISARI

[Avatar]

SLY wrote:
KAISARI wrote:...fally's current producer might just be the right man for Ferre. BTW iam litenning to the album as i type.
Are you trying to say Droit chemin was produced better than Sens Interdit Anyway for your own information,the same people that worked with Fally in Droit worked with Ferre including the Executive Producer David Monsoh and Maika Munan who really struggled to make Fally sing well when they were making Droit Chemin which in my opinion is good but i prefer Sens Interdit as it sounds more Congolese and the guitars from Olivier Tshimanga remind me of Franco and Lutumba.Fally might have an upper hand because of his fan base which is mainly young female and often because of his looks.

What i am trying to say is that if the same effort was applied to Ferre then we would have had a "vita imana" if not better. I was playing Ferre's cd yesterday at work and at times forgot that it was still playing=boooooring. Btw Droit is stll thumping coz it sparks interest

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
Bebe "C"

[Avatar]

SLY wrote:

Guys, it's not that Fally is better than Ferre but Fally represents the youngsters since his album incorporates much more of western rather than congo in other words he has mixed congo and western which we millenium folks still like it. Ferre Gola just took the same 'o' direction at the end of the day both are still good.

SEXY MAMA
SLY

KAISARI wrote:What i am trying to say is that if the same effort was applied to Ferre then we would have had a "vita imana" if not better. I was playing Ferre's cd yesterday at work and at times forgot that it was still playing=boooooring. Btw Droit is stll thumping coz it sparks interest
I honestly think Droit Chemin appeals to ther young at heart mainly but Ferre's style is deep and he has aroused interest and attention from older and respected musicians in Congo,Sens Interdit is reportedly now the number one seller in most music stores in Congo especially after Ferre's return to Congo and massive adverts,he has also signed a contract with brewers of Primus who also sponsor JB Mpiana etc.
Ms. Congo16

[Avatar]

The only reason I think that Fally album is better is because he took a risk. He did what alot of people are probably scared to do because they don't want a negative reaction. Fally could of made a regular album with sebens and rumbas but he changed it up and so many people say it wasn't the right move. I think he did good to stick to what he knows best. He's being different. Change is good.

Bana maisonmere nde. Igwe azali.
aim icon

Forum Index » African Music
Go to: