[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
EXTRA EXTRA...ROGA ROGA NI MROGI WA GUITAR  XML
Forum Index » African Music
Author Message
KAISARI

[Avatar]

Joined: 09/02/2007 05:44:14
Messages: 949
Offline

Took a trip to money-maker and coped me three cds: Viva tendances, Mamu nationale vol.2 and La main noire...no kipeyayo yet i guess my supplier is from that part of Zaire...next to Zambia. Of the musica groups,the extras are overlooked in this mix and so is Roga roga's guitar wizardry. I listened to all the three cds and is still stuck on La main noire...72 minutes de silence will glue you to the dance floor...gonna kipe yayo from the wenges for a while

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
DavidN

[Avatar]
Joined: 25/01/2007 02:36:30
Messages: 195
Offline

I am liking that CD a lot as well. I have, I think, all of the Extra Musica CDs and this one ranks as one of their best.
KAISARI

[Avatar]

Joined: 09/02/2007 05:44:14
Messages: 949
Offline

DavidN wrote:I am liking that CD a lot as well. I have, I think, all of the Extra Musica CDs and this one ranks as one of their best.

True true...

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
Yvonne

[Avatar]
Joined: 21/01/2007 23:07:25
Messages: 397
Offline

KAISARI wrote:I listened to all the three cds and is still stuck on La main noire...72 minutes de silence will glue you to the dance floor...gonna kipe yayo from the wenges for a while
I have La Main Noire here, I still have to take the time to listen to it, from what I hear it sounds good... I've never listened properly to Extra Musica... but since Oxygène's Universal Zangul I see Extra Musica with different eyes...

KAISARI

[Avatar]

Joined: 09/02/2007 05:44:14
Messages: 949
Offline

Yvonne wrote:
KAISARI wrote:I listened to all the three cds and is still stuck on La main noire...72 minutes de silence will glue you to the dance floor...gonna kipe yayo from the wenges for a while
I have La Main Noire here, I still have to take the time to listen to it, from what I hear it sounds good... I've never listened properly to Extra Musica... but since Oxygène's Universal Zangul I see Extra Musica with different 'eyes'...

btw how's Oxygene's universal zangul...in la main noire his voice together with that of Doudou Copa is missed...was watching Africa Dance #5, Doudou's song and clip La revanche is featured. Do you know if he too formed his own band...

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
Yvonne

[Avatar]
Joined: 21/01/2007 23:07:25
Messages: 397
Offline

KAISARI wrote:Took a trip to money-maker and coped me three cds: Viva tendances, Mamu nationale vol.2 and La main noire... ...Of the musica groups,the extras are overlooked in this mix and so is Roga roga's guitar wizardry. I listened to all the three cds and is still stuck on La main noire...72 minutes de silence will glue you to the dance floor...gonna kipe yayo from the wenges for a while


La Main Noire... in many aspects this double CD is outstanding... this time Extra Musica has totally surprised me... Roga Roga did an outstanding arrangement... I would love to see them in performance... my favorite of the moment is Mogomboro... sound-wise Mogomboro reminds me of Le KaRmapa's CD Le Temps de l'Amour, especially the sebene... exactly like Eurostar would play it... its sebene though too short is A W E S O M E ...

KAISARI

[Avatar]

Joined: 09/02/2007 05:44:14
Messages: 949
Offline

Yvonne wrote:
KAISARI wrote:Took a trip to money-maker and coped me three cds: Viva tendances, Mamu nationale vol.2 and La main noire... ...Of the musica groups,the extras are overlooked in this mix and so is Roga roga's guitar wizardry. I listened to all the three cds and is still stuck on La main noire...72 minutes de silence will glue you to the dance floor...gonna kipe yayo from the wenges for a while


La Main Noire... in many aspects this double CD is outstanding... this time Extra Musica has totally surprised me... Roga Roga did an outstanding arrangement... I would love to see them in performance... my favorite of the moment is Mogomboro... sound-wise Mogomboro reminds me of Le KaRmapa's CD Le Temps de l'Amour, especially the sebene... exactly like Eurostar would play it... its sebene though too short is A W E S O M E ...

AWESOME even my mini-me likes it...Mogomboro is a good pick, I think both Doudou Copa and Oxygene's vocals would have iced it...moi's pick is Noces De Bois

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
Yvonne

[Avatar]
Joined: 21/01/2007 23:07:25
Messages: 397
Offline

KAISARI wrote:AWESOME even my mini-me likes it...Mogomboro is a good pick, I think both Doudou Copa and Oxygene's vocals would have iced it...moi's pick is Noces De Bois
Two DVD clips of La Main Noire... the generique and La Main Noire... Doudou and Oxygene's voices would have made Extra Music sound like they used to...

Yvonne

[Avatar]
Joined: 21/01/2007 23:07:25
Messages: 397
Offline

KAISARI wrote:btw how's Oxygene's universal zangul...in la main noire his voice together with that of Doudou Copa is missed...was watching Africa Dance #5, Doudou's song and clip La revanche is featured. Do you know if he too formed his own band...
I don't know if Doudou Copa has formed his own band... he seems to be still in Paris for the recording of his second CD...
as for Universal Zangul's Oxygene... his first solo album Tapis Rouge was the surprise of Brazzaville... it's not unnoticed that the singers of Universal Zangul have all good voices... my favorite singer is Rossen Superman (Rossaine Kimance)... he's nicknamed Rossen Yaourt after his beautiful composition Yaourt Love...





KAISARI

[Avatar]

Joined: 09/02/2007 05:44:14
Messages: 949
Offline

Yvonne wrote:
KAISARI wrote:AWESOME even my mini-me likes it...Mogomboro is a good pick, I think both Doudou Copa and Oxygene's vocals would have iced it...moi's pick is Noces De Bois
Two DVD clips of La Main Noire... the generique and La Main Noire... Doudou and Oxygene's voices would have made Extra Music sound like they used to...

Too bad i can't watch it at work...when i get home...Man i envy you guys in Ulaya...by the time i cop the dvd you'll breaking down Les mineurs

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
KAISARI

[Avatar]

Joined: 09/02/2007 05:44:14
Messages: 949
Offline

Yvonne wrote:
KAISARI wrote:btw how's Oxygene's universal zangul...in la main noire his voice together with that of Doudou Copa is missed...was watching Africa Dance #5, Doudou's song and clip La revanche is featured. Do you know if he too formed his own band...
I don't know if Doudou Copa has formed his own band... he seems to be still in Paris for the recording of his second CD... as for Oxygene's Universal Zangul... his first solo album Tapis Rouge was the surprise of Brazzaville... it's not unnoticed that the singers of Universal Zangul have all good voices... my favorite singer is Rossaine Kimance... he's nicknamed Rossen Yaourt after his beautiful composition Yaourt Love...


...again jus like terre sacree i doubt if my supply will ever get this...some of this suppliers are piicky





...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
Yvonne

[Avatar]
Joined: 21/01/2007 23:07:25
Messages: 397
Offline

KAISARI wrote:
KAISARI wrote:Too bad i can't watch it at work...when i get home...Man i envy you guys in Ulaya...by the time i cop the dvd you'll breaking down Les mineurs
...again jus like terre sacree i doubt if my supply will ever get this...some of this suppliers are piicky
The best place to be regarding Congolese music is Paris... second best is Brussels... third is any place near Paris or Brussels...



from left to right... singer Saddam Kerson... atalaku Typhoide... solo guitarist Baudoin Missapi... singer Papy Bastin... singer Rossen Superman or Rossen Yaourt... and in the front bandleader Oxygene...

DavidN

[Avatar]
Joined: 25/01/2007 02:36:30
Messages: 195
Offline

KAISARI wrote:...again jus like terre sacree i doubt if my supply will ever get this...some of this suppliers are piicky


If you are in USA, I can recomend a few places that will mail these to you.
Yvonne

[Avatar]
Joined: 21/01/2007 23:07:25
Messages: 397
Offline

DavidN wrote:I am liking that CD a lot as well. I have, I think, all of the Extra Musica CDs and this one ranks as one of their best.
I also think La Main Noire is their best so far...

KAISARI

[Avatar]

Joined: 09/02/2007 05:44:14
Messages: 949
Offline

Yvonne wrote:
KAISARI wrote:
KAISARI wrote:Too bad i can't watch it at work...when i get home...Man i envy you guys in Ulaya...by the time i cop the dvd you'll breaking down Les mineurs
...again jus like terre sacree i doubt if my supply will ever get this...some of this suppliers are piicky
The best place to be regarding Congolese music is Paris... second best is Brussels... third is any place near Paris or Brussels...



from left to right... singer Saddam Kerson... atalaku Typhoide... solo guitarist Baudoin Missapi... singer Papy Bastin... singer Rossen Superman or Rossen Yaourt... and in the front bandleader Oxygene...

...and they are all in Ulaya...swahili for europe. All but the atalaku seem to be ex-extra...smell le marquis, academia ending...

...THE TRUTH IS THERE FOR US TO SEE...
 
Forum Index » African Music
Go to: