[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Franco & le TPOK Jazz LP covers 1960's - 1980's  XML
Forum Index » African Music
Ronald

[Avatar]

Tobias

I have no other plans than to enjoy listening to them.
Ronald

[Avatar]

The following LP's were released after Franco's death in Kenya and contain mostly singles from the 60's and 70's, cover work it atrocious

In memoriam vol.6

A: Ele wa bolingo - Miguel canta - Jalousie ya Mimi nangai - Como quere - Guitares de l'enfer
B: Mado oboyi Simarro? - Tele Mujos - Licencie - Bulundue na zongwee - La vida del un negro

Chat Noir

[Avatar]

Here's a different edition of one of my favourites. I really like the picture of Franco on this sleeve.

Ronald

[Avatar]

Chat Noir

Do you know how many of these Kenyan LP's were released?
Chat Noir

[Avatar]

Ronald wrote:Chat Noir

Do you know how many of these Kenyan LP's were released?

I only have the ten In Memoriam volumes, plus the other two that you show, plus Boma Ngai, and one of the Fifteen Years ago series of which there are at least three volumes.

There is also a Ten Years ago volume so I guess that there may be dozens more that were released in Kenya in the seventies and eighties.

I also have a couple of Simaro LPs that were Kenyan releases.

I've also had a few Nigerian copies of OK Jazz albums - but they have been very poor quality pressings. I bet you too have plenty of Nigerian records made from re-cycled vinyl that supposedly has bits of dead bodies in it?

Forum Index » African Music
Go to: