[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
SOMETHING TO LOOK FOWARD TO FOR WERRA'S FANS  XML
Forum Index » African Music
strell

Michael wrote:
strell wrote:
at the same time.I heard that the Bracongo wants the band back in drc to perform some concert,so i am not to sure about this USA recording story,but if it does happen it will probably for the band

Strell,

I do not know but i have this feeling because this is not happening for the first time,dont the bands know the programme of Bracongo such that they can plan so that their obligation to them do not clash with their own plans.Is this being realistc? Michael the truth is our bands are very disorganised and still have a lot to learn about the close of a contract,even these songs they make the bracongo,many times,dont go hand to hand with the band schedules,but since a lot of money is involved they try to make it happen
Chat Noir

[Avatar]

strell wrote:struggling to find serious producers,there is the Nadim(indian)guy,owner of SONIMA who is taking advantage of everybody

Having worked with Nadim Mohd and Sonima records I would like to correct you on your supposition.

Nadim (who is from Pakistan) and Kalim/Sonima have been working with Congolese musicians for at least twenty years and have been very successful at managing to remain in business when so many others have failed. I do not consider that they are taking advantage of anyone. They are working for the mutual benefit of both producer and musician.

If you really believe that they are taking advantage then you need to wonder why so many musicians ask him to produce them. And why would Grand-Pere Bozi Boziana have stayed signed to Sonima for so long if he was being taken advantage of?

I have utmost respect for the integrity of Nadim Mohd.
Chat Noir

[Avatar]

Michael wrote:
Chat Noir,

Any idea behind Nicky D

It is about a girl called Nicole and I think the letter "D" refers to the word "ndima" which means "accept" or "agree". I think Werrason is asking this girl to accept him.
strell

Chat Noir wrote:
strell wrote:struggling to find serious producers,there is the Nadim(indian)guy,owner of SONIMA who is taking advantage of everybody

Having worked with Nadim Mohd and Sonima records I would like to correct you on your supposition.

Nadim (who is from Pakistan) and Kalim/Sonima have been working with Congolese musicians for at least twenty years and have been very successful at managing to remain in business when so many others have failed. I do not consider that they are taking advantage of anyone. They are working for the mutual benefit of both producer and musician.

If you really believe that they are taking advantage then you need to wonder why so many musicians ask him to produce them. And why would Grand-Pere Bozi Boziana have stayed signed to Sonima for so long if he was being taken advantage of?

I have utmost respect for the integrity of Nadim Mohd.
Oh good so you know Nadim.Anyway this topic about him and others has been discussed in another forum,may be what you consider Fair isn't Fair to many,I heard Kester has just refused his offers,because it wasn't reasonable,Nadim isn't producing Werra anymo for the same reason,he isn't putting in enough.Many go to Nadim not because he is great,but because they have no choice,there is a serious lack of great producers.
Chat Noir

[Avatar]

strell wrote:Oh good so you know Nadim.Anyway this topic about him and others has been discussed in another forum,may be what you consider Fair isn't Fair to many,I heard Kester has just refused his offers,because it wasn't reasonable,Nadim isn't producing Werra anymo for the same reason,he isn't putting in enough.Many go to Nadim not because he is great,but because they have no choice,there is a serious lack of great producers.

Yes I know Nadim. So what?
This has been discussed elsewhere? So what?

Kester decided not to sign with Sonima. Does that make Sonima unfair?
strell

Chat Noir wrote:
strell wrote:Oh good so you know Nadim.Anyway this topic about him and others has been discussed in another forum,may be what you consider Fair isn't Fair to many,I heard Kester has just refused his offers,because it wasn't reasonable,Nadim isn't producing Werra anymo for the same reason,he isn't putting in enough.Many go to Nadim not because he is great,but because they have no choice,there is a serious lack of great producers.

Yes I know Nadim. So what?
This has been discussed elsewhere? So what?

Kester decided not to sign with Sonima. Does that make Sonima unfair?
Chat noir chill,why do i that you are tense.Sonima isn't popular in the circle of many artists,i know this because it is topic that we have long discussed with many guys close to congolese artists.That is the connection between my comments,whether you find SONIMA fair is up to you,but many consider those guys as opportunist taking advantage of the current lack of producers
Paulina

[Avatar]

strell wrote:Chat noir chill,why do i that you are tense.Sonima isn't popular in the circle of many artists,i know this because it is topic that we have long discussed with many guys close to congolese artists.That is the connection between my comments,whether you find SONIMA fair is up to you,but many consider those guys as opportunist taking advantage of the current lack of producers
Strell, you have a point there, Sonima exists bcoz of his biz and that is earning money in Congolese music, they are no charity at all, Sonima has become the monopolist in the Congolese music industry and who says they won't make advantage of it?!?

RAM DANCE Congo2000
Werra

[Avatar]

strell wrote:EBOA LOTIN killing the verses,but the bomb is gonna the mix of all the hit sebenes of WMMM,this summer is gonna be hot,it not even the band album,but it really promising for the album,aparantly Werra got some whites or jews producers who are determine to make him go further.The videos are probably gonna be all over big channels.Let just wait and see
I am all for remixes because they bring the old & fuse them with the current to produce exciting hybrids. I too am looking forward to this & I can see a few other Congolese musicians doing the same in not too distant future. However, I have question marks on the seben.......how are they going to make a remix of all seben from previous albums in 4mins? or will they make the 19min song as did Zaiko in Impreinte?

Also enlighten me, on the Celeo - Drogba issue.....is it just a dream or its been agreed?

Oyo lingi biso?..............Aya
strell

Paulina wrote:
strell wrote:Chat noir chill,why do i that you are tense.Sonima isn't popular in the circle of many artists,i know this because it is topic that we have long discussed with many guys close to congolese artists.That is the connection between my comments,whether you find SONIMA fair is up to you,but many consider those guys as opportunist taking advantage of the current lack of producers
Strell, you have a point there, Sonima exists bcoz of his biz and that is earning money in Congolese music, they are no charity at all, Sonima has become the monopolist in the Congolese music industry and who says they won't make advantage of it?!?
My dear let just pick Lacoste who Sonima has made sign a 3 year contract,if he does well with his first album,i can bet you we are gonna hear stories there,just keep this in mind.This guy SIMON SIPE also took advantage of many,Bcbg record would sell but the guy wouldnt invest on promotion.He made Ferre,Jdt and Bill sign a contract,where the most neede,then treaten to sue them when afterward they came to their senses and realised they had made a bad deal.JPS did a lot for WERRA,but unfortunately he had to run away.No serious producers in the business,Kester's album will come out under KIKI TOURE and DAVID MONSHOE
strell

Werra wrote:
strell wrote:EBOA LOTIN killing the verses,but the bomb is gonna the mix of all the hit sebenes of WMMM,this summer is gonna be hot,it not even the band album,but it really promising for the album,aparantly Werra got some whites or jews producers who are determine to make him go further.The videos are probably gonna be all over big channels.Let just wait and see
I am all for remixes because they bring the old & fuse them with the current to produce exciting hybrids. I too am looking forward to this & I can see a few other Congolese musicians doing the same in not too distant future. However, I have question marks on the seben.......how are they going to make a remix of all seben from previous albums in 4mins? or will they make the 19min song as did Zaiko in Impreinte?

Also enlighten me, on the Celeo - Drogba issue.....is it just a dream or its been agreed?
You know what,i am just as courius as you are,those guys have insisted on short songs,finding our usual one too long,so i wonder how WERRA,is gonna approach this thing.One of my favorite generique in WMMM is TINDIKA LOKITO,if Werra follows the same approach it might bring something very nice,but still i dont know how they are gonna do it,all they keep saying everywhere is that WMMM now makes WORLD MUSIC,will have to wait and see what they mean by that.About the DROGA and CELEO story,from what i heard it is alredy done,Celeo confirm on his site www.celeoscram.com that the band is going home by end of of may,the last concert is on the 12th at Brussel,so by july everything should be done with this project,like i said earlier they are busy putting on the vocals.One last thing PAULINA ex IVONNE,ex IPUPANNAISE have you heard what Koffi did to to SONIMA for MONDE ARAB,after having signed with t
strell

Werra wrote:

them he still went released some fake and cheap copies in the black market,i once came accross those copies and they a lot like the originals.
Ronald

[Avatar]

Strell

How would you know it was Koffi who released fake copies of his own cd?
strell

Ronald wrote:Strell

How would you know it was Koffi who released fake copies of his own cd?
It was the center of a dispute between the 2 and many articles wrote about it.Many were actually surprise to still see Koffi released DANGER DE MORT under the SONIMA,the 2 weren't getting along for sometimes
Alex

[Avatar]

strell wrote: My dear let just pick Lacoste who Sonima has made sign a 3 year contract,if he does well with his first album,i can bet you we are gonna hear stories there,just keep this in mind. This guy SIMON SIPE also took advantage of many,Bcbg record would sell but the guy wouldnt invest on promotion.He made Ferre,Jdt and Bill sign a contract,where the most neede,then treaten to sue them when afterward they came to their senses and realised they had made a bad deal.JPS did a lot for WERRA,but unfortunately he had to run away.No serious producers in the business,Kester's album will come out under KIKI TOURE and DAVID MONSHOE

Personally, I think it is a demand and supply situation. The producer wants to make as much money as possible at minimum cost (and the musician wants as much money as possible (with little regard for the risk the producer undertakes).

Thus, if the artist is unable to make a deal, he/she shouldn't tarnish the reputation of the producer (unless the producer fails to live up to the terms of the deal).

If the artist is dumb enough (or too inexperienced) to sign a poor deal, don't put the blame on the producer........The producer is not in business to satisfy artists. The producer is in business to make money (at the mimimum cost possible).

If the artist is not satisfied with the deal offered by Sonima, JPS or SIPE, use negotiating skills to get a better deal or go somewhere else or like Jay-z or P Dididy, set-up their own recording labels and market their music themselves.

These artists, for once should take responsible for their demise, instead of always pointing the finger at someone else

Make sure your words are gentle just in case you have to retract them
Chat Noir

[Avatar]

strell wrote:..i know this because it is topic that we have long discussed with many guys close to congolese artists.

Maybe that is the problem Strell.

I tend to talk to the musicians themselves rather than the people who think that they are " close to congolese artists". I find that I get a more accurate assessment that way.

Forum Index » African Music
Go to: